Monday, November 25, 2013

Continuing saga of Texas living....



Life in Texas is going about as you would expect. The weather has been mild until this week when most of the country got hit with cold. Since I have to walk the dog now instead of just letting her out the back door, this is not my favorite kind of weather.   We walk about 1.5 miles a day which averages out to about 10 miles a week, great when it's not rainy and cold. Not so great when it's 34 out!

The job search is moving at (according to me) a snails pace.  I have had three interviews. I have another next Monday and one of the places I interviewed wants me back again next week to meet more people.  All of the applications for every job are now on-line.  You can't apply any other way and you do not get a real person.  It's a lot of sit around and wait to see if someone calls. Well, that makes me nuts so I started looking up people on-line in the jobs I am interested in and emailing them my resume. This is the only way I got the interviews.

When I planned my moved I really thought I would rent an apartment for a year until I got my bearings and knew my way around. I had a change of heart and as soon as I get a job I am going to start looking to buy a condo/townhouse.  Rent for a small apartment is more than what a condo payment would be for me and I just can't help feeling I would be throwing my money way.  I am pretty sure I will be working in downtown Dallas and since I don't want a long drive I will need to live in the city where rent is higher. Plus, I was ready to redecorate my house before I put it on the market so now I have this unfulfilled craving!

Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment