Friday, January 31, 2014

New Digs!


I have been pretty busy and haven't gotten to my blog lately so I thought it was time for an update. This is it. A cute 2 bedroom, 2 bath semi-detached condo.  After living with my sister and her family for four months (!!!) I am very ready to get into my own place.  I close next Friday but won't move in until the following weekend.  It was mostly remodeled for the sale so I don't have anything major to take care of right away. I don't like the granite and tile in the kitchen but I won't be replacing it until I live with it for awhile to see what I really want.  I bought a couch! It was a major purchase for me. Thankfully I have most of the other furniture I need.

The other thing that has been keeping me busy is my new job. I have been here one month and it seems to be going well. They put my name on my door today so I guess they aren't going to fire me! I have been having some stomach upset and missed a few days of work and my new boss is super cool about it so I guess I won't quit. The drive from my sister's is about 1/2 hour in the morning but an hour in the afternoon. The Dallas/Ft.Worth area has over 6 million people and Dallas alone has 1.2 million aaand they are all on the road at 5:00 pm!!  My new place is more centrally located so I am hoping the drive will be better at night.

Lots of changes in a very short time but I am really enjoying it plus I picked the perfect winter move away from Michigan!

No comments:

Post a Comment