Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Here we go again!




We are staring 2015 in the face and I can barely remember 2014.  It was a whirlwind year of new state, new job, new home. It seems a blur of new and busy. I don't really need to re-cap my year, it's out there on Facebook for anyone to see, so I guess I will look forward to 2015.

I never make resolutions but I do spend the first week of each year setting goals. I also like to clean out my house but that may have to wait.

 Here is the short list:

1. Eat healthier. I don't need to diet but I do need to stop eating donuts and drinking Starbucks. Fair warning, if I do give up Starbucks they will definitely lose income so keep an eye on their stock.

2. Work out. Hahahaha.. no really!  I walk two miles a day but with the aforementioned donuts I need to head back to the gym. I was doing so well and I just got sidetracked by life. Also, the closest gym is packed all the time so I never want to go with the masses. Working out relieves my stress so I need to get my butt to the gym.

3. Get a handle on my budget.  I am not a crazy spender but I would like to tighten up a few things.

4. . Volunteer. I don't think it's the lack of opportunity but I do think my busy life makes me hesitate to commit. I promise myself to find time for this.

5.. Last and probably least, date!  I totally failed Match.com! I didn't get any interest. I am not sure why. I think because I am normal, not needy and can take care of myself. I have a feeling I could be a little picky too. Even though it is super difficult for me, I am going to put myself out there and just start saying yes. I am not looking for another husband but I am looking for someone to do stuff with.


This is the blueprint I am heading into 2015 with. I like to set goals I can reach and then feel good about and not ones that would be epic fail and feel bad all year. I will keep you posted...hey another goal!

5 comments:

  1. Well, Colleen you will do just fine in the new year. I know because that's just the kind of person you are. You will find that there are plenty of people out there who want just what you want and if anything more happens – then remember no one can hurt you unless you let them hurt you. You carry the seed of greatness!! OXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen. I just found your blog. Our stories are very similar. I lost my husband of 35 years in October 2013 to liver cancer due to hep b. Only had five weeks from diagnosis to death. He was 9 years older than me. No children. I think I have it together then a wave hits me
    Your blog spoke to me. Your story has given me hope as I am planning to sell and move We had just built a large home on 2 & 1/2 acres. Too much to keep up for just me. Just wanted to let you know how much it means to read about others going thru this unwanted life we've been given. Will be watching for your next entry and how life is going. thanks again for your words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twyla, WOW! So much the same. I used to post a lot but I really don't have anything going on right now, or I guess I have a regular life going on and I forget to post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete