Friday, January 14, 2011

Finally Friday


I finally got a new camera! Now I just have to figure it all out. I love taking pictures and have a ton of old pics in plastic containers in the basement. A few people have told me to scan them into the computer and save them on disks or something so here's my thoughts on that.

In just the past 10 years think about all the changes in computers and technology. If I save my pictures on Cd's today will I (or descendants) be able to view them in 10, 20, 30 years? Will Cd's be obsolete? Will the technology be so advanced that we won't be using Cd's ? How about your wedding video for the VCR? So the pictures are staying in the tubs. I may take out some of the very old ones I have of my grandparents/ family that I don't want to lose and save them. I am open to suggestions on how.

Since this is the time of year where everyone tries to start fresh I have been thinking of my time-management issues. I work, don't have kids and should have some spare time somewhere...I DON'T. I work out on Mon., Tues., and Thurs. evening after work. I usually run errands like grocery shopping on Saturday and then I cook on Sunday; a big dinner so we have leftovers and something else for the week. I try to plan my meals for a few days and prep items I will use for lunch. I also do my laundry. The Bobster does his own laundry and keeps the house mostly clean (that could be a whole new blog). So where does my time go? I have quite a long list of things I want/need to get done at home. It has been sitting on my desk and every once in awhile I hear it snicker at me.

The Bobster wants to move to Texas. I understand his hatred of winter but I am not sure about moving. Thinking about selling the house makes me hyperventilate and the man has something like 6 doctors he sees regularly...and what I mean by regularly, at least one doctor appointment a week sometimes two or three! So we settled on discussing it seriously a year from June :D Not sure how I came up with that time frame but I think it has to do with him turning 65 next year in April.

I am heading to Seattle to see the little brother and his family. I am so excited to see them I can barely stand it. I will post pictures and more after I get back...oh and someone please save me, the Bobster is dragging me to the Auto Show Sunday! help ...please...

No comments:

Post a Comment