Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The book blog


In the past couple of weeks I have been asked for reading suggestions about 4 times. I am posting my "starter" list below. These are mostly mysteries and all in series so if you like them you can continue the series. (I have to figure out the picture thing).

1. I recommend the "In Death" series by JD Robb (who is Nora Roberts) to pretty much everyone who asks me about books. The first one is "Naked in Death". Eve Dallas is a cop in the near future. There is romance and mystery and a great on-going story line about all of the main characters. I smile, I cry. I have been hooked on these books since they started in the 90's. There are over 20 books in this series so it gives you something to read for a very long time.

2. The "Prey" series by John Sandford. The first one is "Rules of Prey". They are all good, fast reads and another long time series with the main character a cop named Lucas Davenport. What I like about this series is frequently you know "who done it" but Davenport doesn't so it's interesting to see how he is going to figure it all out. These are must buys for me, my mom and my sister.

3. Michal Connelly - hey I am on a cop roll here! The first book in his series is "Black Echo". These are more intense and suspenseful murder mysteries starring Harry Bosch. He also wrote the "Lincoln Lawyer" and few others with the same character, Mickey Hailer, that are tied-in to the Harry Bosch books.

4. Robert Crais - Start with "Monkey Business". His main characters are Elvis Cole and Joe Pike. Elvis Cole is a private detective and Joe is his go-to muscle and best friend. Joe eventually gets his own books.

If you are looking for something lighter and funny you should try "One for the Money" by Janet Evanovich. LAUGH OUT LOUD funny. I cannot tell you how much joy I get out of this series. My mom and I read parts of these books to each other on the phone because we just crack up. I have been known to embarrass myself in airports with these books *snort*. I am sure you have seen the ads for the upcoming movie.

So, if you are interested in contemporary or historical romance or Urban Fantasy let me know and I will send you a list of books I have read and enjoyed lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment