Saturday, December 31, 2011

Final farewell to 2011


After all the crap I went through in 2011 I can honestly say it was the worst year of my life. I am very happy to be done with it and get on to 2012, Mayan calendar and all :D

I don't make resolutions on New Year's Eve but I do try to make reachable goals. I don't even remember last year's goals that's how crazy my year was. This year I am taking my diet and exercise in hand. I work out with a trainer once a week for a very long and grueling hour and I try to get to the gym 2 more times. I say TRY but I really don't. It's cold and wet and dark and I am tired. My foot hurts my back hurts my dog needs to be let out... These are my perceived hurdles but really, I just don't feel like it! So, I am looking for ways to motivate myself.

My second goal is to get my basement cleaned out. For those of us in Michigan a basement can be a godsend and/or a curse. We stash everything in the basement and forget about it. Top that with a husband who never got rid of anything, ever, and you see my problem. I gave away the old treadmill and have been slowly taking things to the Salvation Army. I still have a long way to go. I plan on having a few very large garage sales as soon as the weather turns warmer do I need to get my butt in gear!

I see 2012 as the perfect year to start over. For the first time in a long time I have plans. I hope to detail those plans here over the next months so stay tuned!

I wish you all a happy and healthy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Blessings to you, Colleen. For all the grief you've had this past year - consider it over. Cleaning out is good therapy. Turning around all things in your life from what was to what will be is natural and is also good therapy. Turning your thoughts from old ideas into 'what can I do for someone else' is also good therapy. Taking care of yourself first is key. You can do nothing for anybody else if you are not up for it. I think you see my point.
    Don't doubt just go forward. Have faith that you are in process and you don't have do it all at one time. Who was it that said that 'time is what keeps everything from happening all at once'? Beginnings and endings exist only in a persons mind. Life itself is always in process. Go easy. Stay in peace. Remember to love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold on to your memories !! Look forward to the future.. Wishing you a VERY Happy New Year..It really has been a tough one!! Heres to a peaceful new year ! Me
    xooxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete