Monday, May 21, 2012

Busy Weekend!


I took Friday off to go shopping!  I have been looking for new chairs for my kitchen and after much searching and pricing I found something close to what I wanted at Cost Plus World Market. The only problem was the closest store is an hour away from my house!  I borrowed an SUV (thanks Aunt Rosalie), loaded up my mom and headed out. I forgot all the fun stuff Cost Plus has! I spent more than I had planned but had a great time doing it! 

I swore to myself that I would stay home and work on my yard this weekend and it was perfect weather!  I seeded bare spots, planted pots, a flower bed and lettuce, trimmed bushes, cleaned out beds in the front of the house and got a pedicure! :D  I am up at the butt crack of dawn on the weekends anyway so I headed out to Home Depot and beat all the other crazy yarders to get my mulch.  If you live in my area, Randazzo's on 13 Mile/Schoenherr has great prices and a nice selection of hanging baskets and porch pots.  I still have to put the mulch out, trim more bushes, level the water fountain, split hostas, buy and plant tomatoes and figure out what I am going to plant in a 6 foot long bare spot I created (Aunt Diane?).  My back yard is tiny but has just enough room to keep me puttering for the summer.  After all this I am starting on the garage sale!

Now that it is warm out the time seems to fly. I am trying to slow down to enjoy it a bit ..but see above!

Have a Happy Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment