Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Meanderings


I was going to post about books until I realized I haven't been reading that much. With the weather finally warming up I am outside quite a bit, especially on the weekends. Last weekend I went to a cute little 1st birthday party and then my favorite cousin came over and we dug up and replanted 10 bushes. By "we" I mean Jim did!  The front of my yard was starting to look over grown so I cut back 3 medium size bushes and Jim dug them up and moved them. He dug up 7 boxwoods and moved them around too. Looks much better. Now all I have to do is go get some new mulch.

The next few weekends will be spent on the garage and garage sale. My very helpful mother is coming this weekend and we will clean out the garage. Next Saturday I have a mini-crew helping with setting up and then the garage sale will be June 21-24. 

So, books.  I just finished the last book in Dana Stabenow's Kate Shugak series. 18 books in about 3 months! As I have posted before, this is a super great series and I highly recommend it. I started another series last week by Craig Johnson,  the Walt Longmire series. Coincidentally these books just became a TV series last Sunday. I read the first 2 and taped the show. I also just finished "Stolen Prey" the latest offering in the loooong running Lucas Davenport series by John Sandford; always a good read. Lastly I am reading "Tempest Rising" by Nicole Peeler. This one is for my on-line book club. I am part of a Facebook club for folks interested in paranormal and UF books.

If any of you want to stop over during the garage sale, you know where I live!

No comments:

Post a Comment