Friday, October 22, 2010

Soup's On!

I am having problems with my blog and can't edit parts of it. Not sure what to do about it but hope to get it fixed in the next few days. I am posting my recipe for every easy chicken and noodles. Perfect for these cool days we are having. I base this on a recipe posted on The Pioneer Woman website.




I buy a package of "pick of the chick". It's a whole chicken, cut up without the yucky pieces. Put it in a pot and add water and 3-4 quarts, I like my broth thick so use a little less. Boil for 30 minutes and remove from pot. Wait until it cools a bit and they peel off any skin and shred the chicken a bit as you pull it from the bones.


Put the bones back in the pot and simmer for another 30 minutes. In the mean time, dice up a couple carrots, a couple celery and 1/2 of an onion (some people don't add the onion).


With a slotted spoon or strainer take all the bones out of the pot and add the veggies, salt and pepper to taste, 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric (makes your soup very yellow) and sprinkle with a little dried parsley. Simmer for 10 minutes



Add the egg noodles (I use Mueller's and 1/2 of the package or more. I like a lot of noodles. The recipe I took this from uses the frozen kind and 16 ounces) and chicken.


Now the important part - mix about 2-3 tablespoons of flour with a little water until smooth and add to the pot. This will thicken your broth. Cook for 10 - 15 minutes more until broth thickens and ENJOY!




No comments:

Post a Comment