Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Of Bro's and Beans

I could actually have gone with all the funny brothers and beans stories but no, I will spare you...These are 2 of my 3 handsome brothers. My youngest bro was here for a short visit last week. It was so great to see him since he is living in Seattle now and of course we didn't get to spend enough time. Looks like I am going to have to fit a trip to the Emerald City into my busy travel agenda.

I just realized I didn't post last week. I am not that busy so I guess I didn't have anything to say. I think the heat is getting to my brain. I don't have much energy for the "moist corner of hell" that is Michigan right now. I stole that description from someone else because it soooo very true. I promised myself I would not bitch about the summer and to keep my promise I keep thinking... Jan. 7, Dec. 21, Feb 16... all those cold, ugly, gloomy days remind me to enjoy the heat, but DANG, it is a bit thick out.

This weather does seem to be great for green beans! I have 2, 4ft long rows and I suddenly feel like the Jolly Green Giant! It's a jungle of beans in my garden! My beets are almost ready, we picked 2 tomatoes and some peppers. I am waiting for it to cool a bit and then planting a few rows of lettuce.


I started Zumba. Don't get excited. I might not continue. My trainer is getting married in Sept. and needed Thursday's off so we decided I would go for cardio until after the wedding. I started with Zumba Gold or as I call it, Zumba OLD. This is the sloooow version of Zumba and still can't do it!!! I just don't have any coordination and my feet don't freaking MOVE. I will try it again this week and if it's still a no go...well there must be something else I can do on Thursdays. I must do something.. did you see the poochy tummy in the above picture?


Have a great weekend and stay cool. My word for the day is HYDRATE :D



No comments:

Post a Comment