Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Bike Story


Last year I decided bike riding would be easier on my foot then walking for exercise so I bought this lovely toy. It's an Electra Townie. The basket and streamers just seemed right some how (and were not included).  I love her! This year when I brought her out of the basement her tires were a little low so I figured I would load her in the trunk and go get air. Mind you, I have never had to do this before; up to this point I had an air compressor and a husband.  Sold one, lost the other.

It was a struggle but I finally got her in the trunk with the front tire hanging out. I had bungie cord tie down thingies to hold the trunk closed but my car doesn't have any place to tie them down. I looked all over, no latch, nothing!  I didn't think it was legal to ride around with my trunk open, looking for a gas station with an air pump, so back the bike went into the garage. You may not realize this but  there aren't many gas stations with air pumps left in my area!

I was wracking my blonde brain for two days for some way to get those tires some air. I called my mom and told her the story and she says, " walk it across the street to Belle Tire. I am sure they can put air in your tires!" DUH!

In other news, I didn't lose a single pound this week and I don't want to talk about it!

1 comment: