Friday, May 31, 2013

Hanging in there! Week three of the "lifestyle" change.


Finishing up week three of the diet from hell...or as my sister loves to remind me, my new lifestyle. The first two weeks were very hard. No sugar and no carbs means no life. Cutting sugar was the hardest thing I have done in a long time. It was like when I quit smoking but I almost think it was more difficult. I didn't want to smoke any more. I really want sugar!  This week I added back on carb and one serving of fruit. I feel better!  The total weight loss for the first two weeks was 4 lbs. If I can lose one lb a week from here on out I will hit my goal in ...oh....5 years!ha ha  If I actually do lose one pound a week I will hit my goal in August.



I spent the rainy Memorial Day at a barbeque with old friends. A few years ago  it was all adults and now there were a bunch of little munchkins running around. We ate great food, drank good wine and had a wonderful time.


If the promised rain shows up tomorrow I plan on working inside the house. I have spent the last few weekends outside planting and digging and weeding.  If I ever expect to sell my house I think I need to tackle the dark hole that is my basement.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment