Thursday, May 13, 2010

I ache!

I started working out the week before Christmas, I know, what was I thinking? I was thinking of getting to the gym before all the folks who get the urge to work out as part of their New Year's resolution. It worked...for about a minute. The gym got packed right after the 1st of the year. Doesnt' help that they were offering $1 membership. So, I hired a trainer, Mallory, to help get me motivated. I was paying her, she was waiting for me, it got me there twice a week, sometimes three times. It was a good plan right? Well Mallory tortured me...I mean worked me out for about 3 months until I got to the point I was comfortable with the all the machines and had a routine, upper body Tuesday's, lower body Saturday's and cardio on Thursday. About 5 weeks ago I had my final work out with Mallory and then I quit going!

I haven't lost a POUND! Not only that, but I think I gained 5 lbs in the past 3 weeks! I am not slim and trim like I thought I would be, I am barely in shape enough to walk up the 4 flights of stairs in the parking garage. So off I go to the gym again, and I also started taking a Pilates class. I ache, my legs are sore and I am tired. What the heck? I am totally open to suggestions unless of course that suggestion is to put down the donut :D

No comments:

Post a Comment