Thursday, June 9, 2011

My peony's were spectacular this year. The only problem is that they don't last very long, especially with the surprise heat wave we had this week. I love cutting a bunch to sit on my desk at work.

Roman Gnome won't leave me alone! ha ha.. this is the Travelocity Roaming Gnome. He has been hanging out in my backyard. Guess he likes the atmosphere! I did ask him politely to go home but he didn't take it well and I had to talk him off the ledge.




It's been a bit quiet this week around the old homestead. Not much going on so I don't have much to blog about. I did get my garden it, 4 tomato plants, 2 small rows of beans, some beets, carrots, onions and 2 green peppers, 1 hot pepper and 1 sweet red pepper oh, and some lettuce. I need a little more room for onions. I dry them in my basement and use them most of the winter. I planted a few flower pots and cleaned up the beds. My nephew Rob is putting in mulch today so we are done. The wind knocked my patio umbrella around and it broke my glass top patio table! We have had it for about 8-9 years so we got our monies worth but I sure wasn't ready to go buy a new patio set.


I plan on spending the next 2 weekends getting ready for a garage sale. I have been in a clean out the junk mood lately. Every time the Bobster goes in the hospital for something serious I spend the entire time thinking "if something happens to him, I have all this crap to get rid of". Well, not any more. I am getting rid of the crap now. I will post the date of the garage sale so you can stop by and say hi!


No comments:

Post a Comment