Thursday, March 8, 2012

Just what I needed!

I lay on the table in a warm dark room. He wraps me in warm blankets and tucks pillows under my knees and arms. The music is low and some kind of natural chirping birds and gurgling streams. He always thanks me for remembering him, in his heavy Chinese accent, and then sticks needles in my face, head, neck, arms and legs! In the winter, I get acupuncture for my sinuses and lately for my back too. The first time I went I asked him, "what if I don't believe in acupuncture". He told me "that's ok, it works anyway". He was right. This time of year my sinuses protest, loudly and painfully! I wake up with a headache in the middle of my face and can feel the gunk draining as I sit up. Don't know how it works but my head feels better after only one session. After a couple I am back to normal. Hey don't laugh, I can do normal if I really try!


No comments:

Post a Comment