Friday, September 17, 2010

My Ebay Adventure


My mother-in-law passed away quite a few years ago and left a little box of silver jewelry. This charm bracelet was in the box. I went on EBay to see what, if anything, silver charms bracelets were going for and image my surprise when they were around $100. So, yep, I sold it!
So, this is the first time I tried EBay...well the second, the first was with Stefanie and I didn't sell anything. It was pretty easy to set up the account and post the ad and pictures but the hard part with pricing. You can either put something out there and let all and sundry bid on it and hope to get a decent price or you can select an opening bid (which is what I did) or you can set a "reserve" price and if the article doesn't meet the reserve it doesn't get sold. See, HARD PART! I sold this and 2 other pieces. Once I got the notification that my Pay Pal account was paid, off they went in the mail .
NOW I FEEL GUILTY! The bracelet has been sitting in my closet for years but it obviously had sentimental value to my MIL. Should I have kept it? Should I have tried harder to give it to one of her grandchildren? Sigh... I am not going to lie, I wasn't that close to my MIL. She was much older, actually she was way older than her age and while we got along fine, I didn't have strong feelings one way or the other for her, but THAT WOMAN loved jewelry.
Oh well, it's done now. I have 2 more pieces to get rid of...I mean... um... ponder what to do with :D

No comments:

Post a Comment