Monday, June 14, 2010

How my garden grows!



My garden is coming along nicely. This is lettuce and tomatoes. You can't see the little tiny carrot tops but they are at the top of the picture.

This is pole beans, radishes onions, green peppers and more little tiny carrots. I love this time of year. Every time it rains everything in my garden just gets bigger. As you can see it's not a large garden but we get enough veggies for the two of us and it's not too big as to be too much work.

My grandmother was raised on a farm in Wooster, Ohio and always had a large garden, mostly tomatoes. She grew cherry tomatoes for us kids and tons of strawberries. I have wonderful memories of the time I spent with her outside in the garden. I love the crisp smell of green things growing and wet dirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment